MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–PeerStreet, a marketplace for investing in real estate backed loans, is honored to announce that it has been selected as a finalist in the LendIt USA 2017 awards in the Emerging Real Estate Platform category. Founded by serial entrepreneurs — former Google executive Brett Crosby and former real estate attorney Brew Johnson — PeerStreet is an award-winning, Andreessen Horowitz-backed platform, focused on democratizing access to investments in real estate debt.
PeerStreet’s achievements have been widely recognized by industry leaders and associations over the course of the past year. Its rapid growth and notable milestones have captured the attention of key industry players, including major media outlets and leading financial influencers, such as Mr. Money Mustache, Meb Faber of The Meb Faber Show, Invest Like a Boss and David Stein of Money for the Rest of Us.
“To be recognized by LendIt and by those within our industry is especially gratifying,” said Brew Johnson, Co-founder and CEO at PeerStreet. “We truly feel we’re breaking ground, and it’s exciting to see those achievements recognized by our peers.”
This honor comes on the heels of PeerStreet also being named:
- #1 investment of the year by Invest Like A Boss, which tested investments on various financial platforms, including Wealthfront, Betterment and Vanguard. Not only was PeerStreet the hosts’ top pick, their PeerStreet investments were also their top portfolio performers.
- #1 on Real Estate Crowdfunding Review, which reviews and ranks 100+ platforms across the industry and highlighted PeerStreet for its “industry-leading transparency and stellar performance record.”
- Innovator of the Year in Lending by Think Realty, one of the longest-running news magazines in the country dedicated to real estate investing.
- A new member of the Marketplace Lending Association, which was founded to promote a transparent, efficient, and customer-friendly financial system by supporting the responsible growth of marketplace lending.
- A nominated contender in the Benzinga Global FinTech Awards Lending and Alternative Investment Platforms, Tools and Apps category.
“We truly believe that PeerStreet’s model is unique, as we are not a direct lender and pride ourselves on the innovative offering we bring to investors,” said Brett Crosby, Co-founder and COO of PeerStreet. “We have created an investment platform that allows investors to easily invest in high-yield real estate loans that were historically difficult to access. Our platform applies technology in a unique way that both enhances lenders’ abilities to purchase and sell loans, and also creates a seamless investment experience that more directly connects end investors to loans. The response from investors and lenders has been extremely positive and we are honored to be recognized as a top leader in the space by LendIt.”
The final LendIt award winners in each category are determined by 30 industry experts and thought leaders. The winners will be announced during the LendIt Industry Awards Show and Dinner taking place on Tuesday, March 7th, 2017, at 6:30PM, at the Edison Ballroom in New York City.
PeerStreet is a marketplace lending platform for real estate debt. Founded by real estate attorney, Brew Johnson, and former Google executive, Brett Crosby, PeerStreet allows investors to easily invest in high-yield real estate loans that were historically difficult to access. PeerStreet’s platform is secure and intuitive with an easy-to-use interface and a wealth of information and tools for every level of investor.
Jacqueline Gogel, 917-765-8720
Get started today with PeerStreet