PeerStreet performs a thorough underwriting process on the loans we offer for investment, as well as due diligence on our origination partners before we accept any loans from them.
For third-party lending partners, we:
- Review track records
- Review licensing and adherence to state lending laws
- Run background checks
For loans, we:
- Perform independent underwriting of submitted loans using a combination of manual processes as well as big data analytics
- Review an independent valuation (BPO/appraisal)
- Ensure each loan complies with PeerStreet’s underwriting standards
- Review legal documentation
The loans posted for investment have been through PeerStreet’s diligence process before being purchased.