PeerStreet investors will be issued a consolidated Form 1099 for the income distributed from their investment positions. Investors may receive one or more of the following types of 1099 form:

  • 1099-OID for notes with terms longer than one year (at the time of issue)
  • 1099-INT for notes with terms less than one year (at the time of issue)
  • 1099-MISC for other income, if more than $600
  • 1099-B for gain or loss accompanying the sale of a property in the event of foreclosure

If there are revisions to information contained in the form, we are required to provide a corrected form with the revisions clearly highlighted. We will notify you of the corrected document via email. Prior versions of your documents are retained for your reference. If you’ve already filed your tax return, you may want to consider filing an amended return based on the changes in your taxable income as reported on your corrected Form 1099.

We suggest that you consult with a qualified tax advisor for more information about tax treatment related to your specific investments or about filing an amended return.